- Learn to laugh, a good laugh is better than medicine.
- Learn to attend to your own business. Few can handle their own well.
- Learn to tell a good story. It is like a sunbeam in a sick room and can relieve tension quickly.
- Learn to say a kind word. Nobody ever resent it.
- Learn to hide aches with a smile. Everyone else has aches on its own.
- Learn to stop grumbling. If you do not see any good, keep your load to yourself.
- Learn to keep your mouth shut about people. If you think you can do better, why did you decline the job in the first place?
- Learn to keep trouble to yourself. Nobody wants to take it from you.
- Learn to smile, it always pays.